Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Art Crawl prep continues

Preparations for the Art Crawl continue to move along. (For more details about the crawl, check this out.) Sunday and Monday I painted the walls of the entryway to the studio. I definitely prefer painting canvases over walls. Painting walls is so much harder on your body and definitely not as good for this soul. Still it was nice to finish that project. Since Joel & I live in an apartment, our daily living space is all white or off-white walls. I hate that. Painting the studio was my opportunity to put some vivid color up on the walls. And since it was the studio, I picked more intense, get-my-creative juices-flowing colors...shades of bluish-purple and fuchsia. I love spending time in my artist-cave (my version of the "man-cave").

Now that the walls are all painted, I can focus on getting the artwork up on the walls and making everything neat and tidy. I have some organizing (o.k. lots of organizing) to do to make the studio less of a work space for a few days and give it more of a "gallery-feel."

I still have daydreams of getting another canvas finished...so don't be surprised if you walk in the door and I'm still painting!

No comments: