Saturday, May 24, 2008

Bead Heaven



I'm in the midst of a beading frenzy. I'm a little obsessed with beads right now. I have bought beads on three separate occasions this past week. I have finished beading 2 necklaces and I'm working on the third.

Beading is satisfying on many different levels right now. I like having something creative to do that I can do while I'm watching t.v. or listening to music. It's nice to be able to complete a project in a few hours. And it seems to be feeding my creative juices as well. Looking at and selecting the colors of the beads and then putting together those beads to create a necklace...well, it energizes me. Color has a very big impact on my creativity...I love putting colors together...whether that be beads, paint, whatever.

So as I'm beading, I'm thinking about the necklace I'm creating, but I'm also thinking about the paintings I want to get going on. Colors are dancing in my head.

Soon I hope to see those colors dancing on canvas.

No comments: