Friday, June 13, 2008

TGIF

Thank god for Fridays in the summer. Especially for Fridays in the summer when you work at Southside. I went to work this morning, had one client appointment (instead of the 3 scheduled...I guess clients aren't so keen either on home visits on a gorgeous summer Friday)...and after my one appointment, I was sitting at my my desk thinking of nothing but getting to my studio and painting. It's going to be a busy weekend (I'm helping my daughter move...for the 6th time in 6 years)--and there won't be a lot of time for the studio. Finally I said to myself, "Hell, this is why I'm supposed to be working at Southside (so I can use my generous time off to do artwork). Leave already!"

So I headed home and after a pit stop at the apartment I headed to the studio. I continued working on the canvas I started last week. The more I paint, the more I think about the other paintings I want to get started. When I took breaks from actual painting, I did some sketching for new paintings. I have plans for a Moroccan-inspired series of paintings. Morocco is the most exotic place I have always wanted to travel to. I love the architecture and colors there...at least what I've seen in pictures. I may never make it to Morocco, but there's no reason why I can't paint my Moroccan-inspired dreams.

I also have a "Power of Women" series I plan to re-visit (this series originated in the early '90s...I am looking for a different title. Suggestions?) and some collage pieces I want to get started on.

Having all these ideas in my head is a good thing...it will be even better to get these ideas out of my head and on canvas!

No comments: