Saturday, April 19, 2008

A week out

It's a week out to the Art Crawl (less actually...it starts on Friday!) ... and I have a ton to do. As much as I would just like to keep painting, it's time now to get the studio ready to show off my work. Since this is my first real crawl, there's lots of prep to do. For starters, I have the walls of the entryway to paint. Yup, I'll be painting walls not canvases! But once that is done I'll be ready to hang my paintings.

There's a mix of nervousness and excitement as I prepare to open my studio to the public. I'm curious what sort of feedback I will receive, what paintings will grab the most interest... While I wish I had even more work done, I think I will feel good once the work I have finished is up and hanging on the walls. I've done more painting in the past 6 months than I've done in the past 10 years.

And when the art crawl is over, I'll get back to more painting. There's another crawl in October.

No comments: