Sunday, April 27, 2008

The crawl draws to a close

The nicer weather made for a good art crawl day. Visitors were happy to see a bit of sun and so were the artists. I enjoyed visiting today and the entire crawl with those who came into my studio. In many ways, creating art is a solo practice--at least I like to work when I'm by myself. But it is also necessary to mingle with others, hear their feedback and take that energy and pour it into more work.

It was sort of sad at 5 pm to start taking down some of the set up for the art crawl. I am planning to leave my paintings hanging in the entryway, but the inner studio will be converted back into working space. Feels sort of like Cinderella's coach turning back into a pumpkin.

My body is winding down from a busy weekend. My mind though is still busy with thoughts for new work. I'll probably take a few days to wind down, but I hope not to let too much time lapse before I'm back working in the studio.

Again, thank you for visiting my studio. And a special thank you to my husband for helping me make my participation in the art crawl possible.

(Oh ya, mark your calendar...the fall art crawl is the second weekend in October--October 10th, 11th, and 12th)

No comments: