Wednesday, December 24, 2008

All kinds of creatures are stirring, but hopefully not a mouse!

Happy Holidays everyone!
I really should be in bed...tomorrow (or today actually, it's 1 am) I will be having a family dinner with my kids and husband, followed by gift opening. I've been trying to finish the wrapping of presents. People who know me think I enjoy wrapping presents...I guess they think that because I'm the creative type. Wrong. I mean if it's one present for a birthday, fine, I can get into that. But wrapping so many presents all at one time...no, not my favorite thing to do. I'm a big fan of gift bags. Unfortunately, I ran out of gift bags several hours ago.
Of course, I'm still fighting that urge to go out at the last moment (Christmas eve morn) and buy a few more things. But I think I'm done.
I spent a few hours earlier today at the studio...continued working on the collage pieces. I really wanted to stay at the studio to work, but too much to do in preparation for Christmas.
And then, completely on a whim and purely as a result of being at the right place at the right time (so to speak), I created a treasury tonight on Etsy. I titled it "Random Acts of...Beauty". I pulled together a treasury of artwork by Etsy artists...some who are inspiring me right now. I look at it as inspiration to get my own original artwork in my Etsy shop. Soon. Goal #1 for 2009.
So, here's a link to the treasury. Check it out. I think you will like it.

No comments: