Thursday, December 11, 2008

TGIF

Well, it's almost Friday. Just one more long day to get through till the weekend. Thank god.

This is the time of year when being a social worker is very depleting work. It's exhausting. Our agency always tries to do more during the holidays to help our families, which is good, but leaves staff (like myself) feeling like they have less for their own family members at home.

Which means my days have not been filled with much in the way of creative endeavors (except for making some simple necklaces for clients as gifts). I worked 10 hours today. I have been so absorbed with work that I have not even stopped at the coffeeshop to look at my paintings. I've barely even told anyone about it. I keep meaning to do that (both stop at the coffeeshop and promote the thing), but it's too far down on the list of things to do.

I'm hoping to catch my breath this weekend. Maybe spend some time in the studio. Definitely send out some emails telling folks to stop by Tillie's Beans.

And then after next week, I'm off for 2 weeks...my agency closes over the holidays...sort of the consolation prize for working our tails off for the past month. I'm not complaining about the time off. In fact, I'm very aware that that is the reason, or a BIG part of the reason I'm at this job...the fantastic amount of time off...time that I can spend in the studio.

Almost as good as lying on the beach on a deserted island.

1 comment:

¤~∙3zArt∙~¤ said...

Congrats on your mini "vacation" I hope you get to take advantage of it!