Thursday, March 4, 2010

A punch of poppies


Poppies, poppies, poppies--I've been painting lots of them. I've been painting a variety of them on small canvases--12x12, 8x8, 6x8, 6x6. They're small, but they pack a punch. The colors are vibrant. I've come up with a fun way to display them--that can show you how a grouping of small paintings can have a greater impact. These pictures aren't the best (it's a small space, so I couldn't take the pics head-on), but you can get the idea...I'm taking a large frame and grouping the small paintings within the frame. 

I will have these up for Lowertown First Friday...and then a whole lot more for the Spring Art Crawl. Come take a peek! 


 

2 comments:

Artsnark said...

these are fun! And look great together.

Wish I were in the neighborhood - have fun!

Julie Branch said...

I love them! And love the frame around them.