Thursday, July 17, 2008

Beadwork and other stuff





Well, I finally got some pics uploaded, so I thought I'd throw out there some pics of necklaces that I've recently completed. I enjoy working with the seed beeds, playing with color and beads of various sizes and shapes. I am also trying to bead necklaces of various lengths. Some days it is nice just to finish a project that has a beginning and end--and one that can usually be finished in an evening.

I'm feeling a little bummed tonight. I got a rejection letter from the art crawl's poster competition. In a way, I was bracing myself for rejection by trying to expect that outcome. Doesn't matter. Like any other artist (or person for that matter), I appreciate positive outside validation. It's nice to get that pat on the back that tells you that you're doing good work. It's hard too because I see so many of the same artists get selected every crawl that I wonder if it's just a "political" process or if my work is that far off the mark.

But it is what it is, and I'm not about to let it discourage me. In fact, I plan to keep submitting and even work harder at getting my work exhibited outside of my little studio.

It will happen!

No comments: