Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Getting back to work...


I'm not quite sure where the month of May has gone...it's been a rather odd month...cool, not exactly spring-like. I've been busy recovering from participating not only in the St. Paul Art Crawl, but another one day crawl in mid-May. Both crawls required a great deal of my time and energy and pulled me away from working on new stuff in the studio. 

It's time to get back to work.

It has also been a discouraging month. The Art Crawls were good avenues for sharing my work and getting feedback from others, but didn't net much in the way of sales.  And then there was the disappointment of the grant opportunity. Along with all that, I've been dealing with the difficult realities of being laid off for a year. Sometimes it feels as if life just won't right itself.


But what I know serves me best in difficult times is painting, creating.


And it's time to get back to work (in the studio).

 
I have been using this time to think about about what direction I want my work to go in. Ideas are swirling around in my head, but not making it onto canvas (yet). I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do, but fear and feelings of being stuck and discouraged are keeping me from getting started.  


Sometimes it's hardest just to get started.


 So my goal this coming month is to spend lots of time in the studio working and getting things started.


As always, I' ll let you know how things go along the way. 

No comments: