Saturday, August 16, 2008

Juggling canvases

Woke up early this morning--thanks to the cat and the blinds being open. After eating breakfast, I decided to head to the studio to get some painting in while it was still cool.

In an hour's time, I finished work on 4 paintings--or one painting, depending on how you look at it. I finished a set of four 8 x 10 paintings that are meant to be one painting. There are part of my "River" series and the abstract design flows from one canvas to the other. Now that they are finished I need to figure out how to frame them. I have some thoughts...like mounting them on a canvas board that will be painted to echo the paintings' imagery. Pics to follow.

I continued work on another painting in the Womanspirit series. It's nice to have more than one series of paintings to work on. The more I have going, the more my creative juices seem to flow. And if I get stuck on one painting I can just juggle canvases and work on something else.

And after a trip to the Farmer's Market, I have ideas for another series. I bought some eggplants and peppers, took them over to the studio and shot some pics. I have plans for a couple of paintings featuring those veggies. Funny thing is, I don't eat eggplants or peppers--I don't like either, but I love their colors and shapes.

In a few hours, Joel and I are heading to the opening reception for the Salon 300: State Fair Overflow Show.

Again, pics to follow.

No comments: