Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Non-accepted

I just came back from a visit with a client and after eating a quick lunch, checked my e-mail. There it was--the e-mail regarding the State Fair competition. I had talked to a friend about getting that e-mail and the dread/anxiety I would feel before opening it. I said that I wished they would just tell you whether you were a "winner" or a "loser" right in the subject line...and they pretty much did. The subject line stated "MSF-Non-accepted Work".

So there you have it. Rejection letters are so cold, impersonal. They offer no feedback, no hope...because they're basically a form letter sent out to all the losers. You don't know if you were tossed aside right off the bat or if the judges labored over the decision.

And probably that wouldn't help you feel any better (it might help you with future entries however).

So today, I'll give myself a little time to mope and lick my wounds. And maybe spend a little time at the studio.

There's always next year...



No comments: