Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random Things

I was tagged on Facebook, but I thought I would share my list of 25 Random Things About Me here.

1. I was born in Iowa. Hey, we lived in MN, but a mile from the border.

2. So when I was old enough to ride a bike, I would ride my bike across the state line, just so when I came home and was asked where I had gone, I could say "Iowa".

3. Later, when I was 12 we moved into the house my dad was born in. 7 years later (at the age of 53) he died there. I didn't realize until later how unusual it was for my dad to begin and end his life in the same house. And how special it was that I spent part of my childhood in the same house.

4. I like small towns, but also love the energy of the city.

5. I realized at about the age of 8 that I wanted to be an artist. My oldest brother came home from college with a poster of a Renoir painting.

6. I visited my first art museum (Mpls Institue of Arts) when I left home for college. It is still one of my favorite places to go on a gloomy day. Or any day for that matter.

7. I dragged my kids to every museum I could.

8. In college, I was originally a journalism major. Then a studio arts major. And then almost a Middle Eastern studies major.

9. Both my kids were born by c-section. I was happy to be awake for both births.

10. I miss the nature walks I used to take with my son by Minnehaha Falls. (My baby turns 22 on Friday!)

11. I love that my daughter likes to go antique shopping with me.

12. I'm a great baker. I love baking, especially for people who appreciate it. (Sorry, I'm dieting right now and trying to "be good". SUCKS.)

13. I have a Santa collection that I love to take out each year.

14. If I had the space, I would decorate more than one Christmas tree. (And I realized this year, that I like to decorate by myself...I just like to have that quiet time by myself. And I'll admit, I want to do it "my way".)

15. Unfortunately, I hate packing up the holiday decorations.

16. My hubby and I just started taking ballroom dance classes through community ed. Now we'll see who the real leader is.

17. I've always wanted to learn belly dancing.

18. I like to do a little dancing in the studio when I'm painting.

19. I have only travelled outside of the country once...to Mexico. I have not even been to Canada! (but I have been to Iowa often).

20. I have always wanted to travel to Morocco.

21. I will LOVE being a grandma, but my kids are NOT READY...so I will patiently wait (really, I'm not hoping it happens anytime soon, cause I also don't feel "old" enough to be called "grandma")

22. I hope to have a solo art show one day.

23. And I would like to be published (either my artwork or something I've written).

24. This is the best time of my life.

25. And there is more great stuff ahead.

So there it is...25 Random Things About Me...what 25 random things about yourself would you care to share?


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved reading about you.
But no I'll pass on the tag.

Jennie said...

I've been tagged and have shared on my blog before. BUT, I wanted to compliment you on a fun to read and interesting list. The one about your father really struck me-that truly is amazing.

septembermom said...

I really enjoyed reading your list. It was very thoughtful and fun. What a great journey you have had up to this point! I'm sure that your "accomplishment, experience" list will continue to grow. Thanks for sharing it with us.