Sunday, February 1, 2009

A relaxing weekend...complete with warm weather

It has been a fun, relaxing weekend filled with plenty of activity, but nothing too strenuous. For the first time in ages, I haven't felt like crap. I think it had something to do with the wonderful weather.

Friday night, otherwise known as "Date Night" in our home, me and the hubby went for dinner at Outback and then a trip to Dick Blick. Dick Blick is having their semi-annual canvas sale, so I bought 20 canvases, mostly small ones (6x8, 9x12...) Dick Blick was followed by a mega-trip to the grocery store. I know, a super-hot date, but it was a good night.

Saturday, aah lovely Saturday, the day the temperature climbed above freezing for the first time in ages. It reached something like 44 or 45 degrees...the warmest we've been since November 6th. I started the morning out in the studio to do a little work. Then in the afternoon I did some running around...driving with the windows down to feel the cool breeze on my face.

Saturday evening we stepped outside our door to watch the Winter Carnival Torchlight parade. St. Paulites like to celebrate winter with not one, but two parades. The first one was last Saturday when it was brutally cold. Ana and I watched that one from the warmth of my 2nd floor studio (which overlooked the parade route). This week it was warm enough to watch the parade outdoors...and Joel & I watched the parade from our doorsteps, along with his 2 kids and my son, Cyrus. It was actually quite fun and hey this particular parade, which is the final event of the Winter Carnival, is supposed to celebrate the end of winter. (We can only wish).

Today was another glorious day. We did not quite reach 44 degrees, but it was still beautiful regardless. Again, I started the day over at the studio. Then this afternoon, Ana and I ran around shopping on Grand Avenue. We hit an antique store, Starbucks, 2 vintage clothing stores, and last, but not least, Cheapo records. I walked out of Cheapo's with a few treasures...including a collection of 70's love songs from Motown. I snatched that CD up once I saw it included the Spinners' One of A Kind (Love Affair). The fact that the CD included 2 Barry White songs was a bonus! Definitely music to paint/dance by.

Tomorrow it will be back to the work week...not so exciting, but it was nice to have such a relaxing weekend.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Your date nights sound alot like ours! Wonderful to have such a relaxing weekend; here's hoping that the end of winter isn't terribly far off :)