Saturday, October 31, 2009

Five Things (bringing me bliss today)




1.  Enjoying a cup of coffee.

2.  Browsing in the bookstore while doing #1. 


3.  Listening to the sweet sweet songwriting & soothing harmonies of James Taylor's Gorilla albumn. (This was the first record that I ever fell in love with. Yes, back then they were records. Vinyl. Albumns with cover art. Those were the days).

4.  Painting in my studio while doing #3.


5.  Finally killing the wasp, hornet or whatever has been buzzing around my studio. For the past several weeks, on every visit to my studio to do some painting, I have been terrefied of the wasp that would come out after I had started blissfully painting. It's hard to keep your painting mojo going when you're afraid of being stung. I'm hoping there aren't any more wasps in hiding.

2 comments:

Art by Darla Kay said...

Glad you got the hornet! Sounds like a blissful day for sure!

pinkglitterfae said...

lol at number 5 :-)

I've never had a wasp inside my house, but I've had flies buzzing around the lights, and it drives me crazy! Can't concentrate until I kill them.

there is nothing like browsing for books while sipping on coffee :-)