Saturday, December 12, 2009

Home Tour





Hooray for the weekend! One more week of work and then I will be off work for 2 weeks! It's crazy busy at work, so I'm glad that this will be a quiet weekend to recharge. 

I started off the day with a wonderful morning to myself. My hubby was off helping care for his daughter. I slept in for a little bit and then put on some music and started putzing around our home--cleaning a bit, putting things away... I decided it was a good day to take a few pictures of our home. I thought I'd share a few. First, some pics taken looking out our windows. We had our first real snow this week. The river will soon be freezing and barge traffic will come to a halt till spring. But there were still some barges parked along our riverfront.



Here's a few shots of our main living area from different angles.





 

I love our brick walls, large windows that let in so much light and the open layout of our main living space.  Since our bedrooms are on the small size, we use one as our guest bedroom and the other as an office/workspace. We constructed our bedroom at the end of our open living space--we used a long set of bookcases to design our wall. This open concept wouldn't work for everyone, but we like it. This way the bedroom is much more spacious and open feeling. We can also look out at the river from our bedroom.


Our bedroom "wall" from the living room side.

 

 
 The sitting area at the opposite end of the bed. I still haven't decided what to hang between the pictures, above the desk. I feel like I want to paint a special piece for that area.


 
Those beautiful windows and another brick wall.


When Joel came home in the early afternoon, we ran around for a bit doing errands and then I headed to the studio. I enjoyed over 3 hours of very productive painting. I can't wait to get back over there tomorrow to keep working on the series of paintings I hope to finish soon. If things go well, I think I will finish a few tomorrow and then will post pics.

Just when I was cleaning up at the studio Joel called to tell me the "Holiday Train" was parked outside our house. I made my way back home and since I had my camera on me, went directly to the upper level of the parking lot across the street to take some pics of the train. It was pretty cool, especially if you were a kid. Even for adults, it was a good time. There was even a live band performing in one of the open cars.



 

 

 

Finally, a shot of the Tilsner (our building) from the parking lot.

1 comment:

Pat said...

What a gorgeous home you have!