Monday, December 28, 2009

A week for painting!


The holidays are over, but I still have a week of vacation...and this week I'm planning to be in the studio as much as possible! Saturday and Sunday I continued working on my whimsical winter paintings. I'm not quite sure how I want to finish the above painting, so I'm letting it "sit" for a while.


 

Two others still in progress. I actually have more done on the painting above, but need to take more pictures.


These winter paintings are meant to be fun and colorful--a welcome break from the reality of what winter is truly like here in the frozen tundra. When I look out my window these days, I see white and more white. I miss color.



  I have lots I want to accomplish this week. I would like to finish this series and work on some others as well. Today I returned to working on my Womanspirit series. Very different subject matter and very different color palette. 

Who knows what I'll work on tomorrow!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I don't even like pink really but I LOVE these!!

Art by Darla Kay said...

What fabulous bursts of color! So unique and pretty! Great job!

Michelle Brunner said...

These are great! I love them shown all together! Good luck on getting art done, I need to get on the ball and get to work!