Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's!

 

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

I decided to make something a little special for my valentine...

  

On an 18x24 board I created this very personal mixed media piece. I learned a lot doing it...and now I want to make a few more. Some of the special things I did include:  1) using a paper valentine doily to paint the design on the sides. I really liked how that turned out. 2) Using personal mementos from our life together (ticket stubs, pics...) to create the "patchwork" dress. You don't see much of it after I finished painting, but enough is there to make it a great keepsake...which got me thinking--these would be great pieces to create as custom works for anniversaries, weddings, valentines... 3) I added this special heart (see below) which could also be customized.

  

I'm sneaking away for a few days with my honey...to our favorite b&b. I will try to remember to pull the name of the giveaway winner, but if not, I will post on Wednesday!

Hope you all are enjoying a special Valentine's!

1 comment:

Diane said...

What an excellent idea, and even if no one can see everything that went into the art, you'll know it's there!!