Monday, July 26, 2010

Back to the studio!

















It's been a busy, fun-filled few days visiting with my best friend, Julie. We enjoyed a day trip to Stillwater, MN, spent some time shopping,  and on the last night of her visit went to an art opening. But best of all, there was lots of time to catch up and chat about our creative dreams. 

During her visit, I pretty much took a break from working at the studio. But it's back to the studio today! I have a busy week ahead. This coming Sunday I will be hanging some of my artwork at Trotter's--a local restaurant with a menu that features locally grown produce/meat. They also feature the work of local artists on their walls! Trotters is located in St. Paul on Cleveland Avenue, just off Marshall Avenue.

To get ready for the show, I still have a few paintings to work on and lots of details to take care of. This show will primarily feature my larger pieces and will be up the month of August.

And once that show is hung, I'll be getting ready for the August First Fridays event. My Tilsner studio will be open from 6-9 pm on Friday, August 6th. I am planning to show a number of the smaller pieces featuring birds and flowers that I've been working on lately.

So it's off to the races...I'm excited to be sharing my work soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh risa...I too am back in the studio....after a month long holiday with the hubby! it's bliss!

have fun!

ciao bella
creative carmelina