Friday, July 23, 2010

A brief hello!

















Still enjoying a few days of hanging out with my best friend. Today we are headed out to Stillwater, a cute town just about 30 minutes from here. Hopefully it won't be too hot or humid or my hair will become one big frizz ball!

















But before I go, I thought I'd share a few pics of a small 8x10 that I finished (just need to apply a varnish). It doesn't show well in pictures, but I added a bit of gold to the vines and flowers...really makes it pop. 

I'm still working on the 12x12 below--still need to work on adding detail to the flowers. If you look closely at both paintings you can see that I added texture to some of the flowers by applying light molding paste to the flower. Then I created some sort of texture--either spirals created with the tip of a brush or little "bumps" in the center by using a bath scrungee (what do you call those things?). I added the molding paste before painting.

I am anxious to get back in the studio to finish these paintings...I'm hoping to list some of the smaller paintings in my Etsy shop. Anyways, today I'm off to have some fun, but I'll be back soon! Hope you're having fun too!


No comments: