Sunday, August 2, 2009

And so it goes...




I apologize for the lack of blogging this past week. I had a bit of a disappointment mid-week--the form letter rejecting my work for the art crawl poster competition arrived in the mail. I know it's a form letter because it's the same damn letter I've received before! (the date, some names & numbers have been changed...but nothing else). Rejection always brings with it some sulking and self-doubt. I hate it, but I'm past it and that's all I'm going to say about it...at least for now. I just keep painting...and wondering when things will turn around a little.

I keep painting because it's what I love to do. I've waited my whole life to have this opportunity to have the time & my own studio to paint in.

That's all I'm going to write for now. I'm battling a sinus infection right now and my head is pounding. Pictured above are some of the paintings I'm working on now...I've been thinking about painting eggplants for a year now (since a day last summer when I bought a bunch at the Farmer's Market, set up some still lifes and snapped some pics.)

I hate eating eggplant, but I love painting them.

1 comment:

Artsnark said...

Hope you're feeling better today :D Love the eggplant on the text the most - gorgeous colors all around!