Monday, Monday...so full of promise and opportunity! Here's a look at Five Things I plan on working on this week:
1. Walking. I've been sort of slacking on this one. Big time. I'll admit that I have a hard time getting my butt out the door. But the fact is, I'm a Type 2 Diabetic and exercise makes all the difference. I am working hard to get off some of my medications. I've lost almost 20 pounds this winter, but I still have 10 pounds to go (15 would be like the frosting on the cake!).
Once I get moving, I'm into it. Even if I go walking by myself, it's great time for thinking. I have great walking paths near me--including one that follows the Mississippi River. I made it out this morning and regretted not taking my camera. I also think I should take my journal along...and find a spot to sit and write!
2. Clean my Jax (painting) studio. You've seen my studio when it's all nice and neat (it was featured in the Summer CPS Studios magazine--these photos are from that "shoot")...but things haven't gotten a little messy. I'm getting ready to do lots of studio work and cleaning/reorganizing the studio will help me get more done. I'm not saying it's going to stay clean, but...
3. Finish some paintings. Lately I've been laying down lots of backgrounds on lots of canvases. It's relaxing and recharges my creative battery. But I need to finish some of those paintings! The time is now!
4. Work on my Etsy shop. Badly neglected for months now, it's time to give my shop a little love. My plan is to list some of my smaller artwork for sale in my Etsy shop...which means taking some photos, lots of computer work...I'll let you know how that all goes!
5. Work on my blog layout. I started changing things up a bit last week. More changes coming. And I think I may be ready to start working on a website. It's a little scary, but exciting at the same time.
I plan on keeping busy...I'll let you know next week how I did on my list!