I'm not quite sure where June went...July? Really? Wow, in my mind, that means a good bit of summer is over. Crazy.
June seemed to slip away in the blink of an eye. I've been busy with family stuff this past week. Other than that my time has largely been spent in the studio.
Which is o.k... It's great even, but sometimes I need to get out of the studio, stretch my legs, and enjoy this summer. Living in a region where winter stretches on for what seems like an eternity, you learn to savor the warm summer breezes. So with July sitting on our doorstep, it's time to make some plans for how to enjoy the rest of the summer.
That doesn't mean any big travel plans or adventures...just the simple pleasures of summer.
Some of the things on my summer To Do list--
- More trips to the beautiful parks in our city. A few spontaneous picnics would be nice too!
- More day trips out of town. Sometimes it's good just to hop in the car and go!
- More baseball games. I made a very wise decision back before Christmas to buy a pair of tickets to 20 Twins games (it was a present for me & my hubby). Nothing makes me happier than watching a baseball game. Even better now that they are playing in a beautiful outdoor ballpark.
- Lots of ice cream (I've been on top of this one!)
- More time with friends. I needed some time to myself in June to adjust to all the changes in my life. But it's time to re-connect. I'm missing time with my friends.
- Soaking in the sun. There's something to be said for sitting in a chair just catching some rays.
- Summer art fairs and festivals. I haven't been to any yet this year.
- And near the end of the summer, hubby and I will be making our annual pilgrimage to the Great Minnesota Get-Together: the State Fair. I am a State Fair fanatic. Luckily, my hubby enjoys it as much as I do (better yet, we enjoy doing the same things at the fair--people watching, walking, listening to free concerts, and checking out the fine art exhibit).