Monday, June 14, 2010
Last Monday I posted a list of Five Things on my To Do List for the Week. It's time to report on how I've done!
1. Walking: C plus. In my defense, can I just say that it's been very wet here in Minnesota. Rainy & dreary! I could use a few sunny days to help with my motivation. Alas, the forecast is pretty much the same this week. So to myself I say: Deal with it!
2. Clean my Jax (painting) studio. B plus. It wasn't a complete overhaul, but I moved things around & tidied up...enough to free up some creative energy (that was the goal).
3. Finish some paintings. A minus. Still working on this...but I was very focused! I concentrated my energies on working on 3 paintings--all in the Hope Garden series. The largest (24x36) is a commission piece, but I'm also working on 2 smaller pieces (16x20, 18/24)! Sometimes the detailed work is the most tedious, but I'm determined to finish these 3 this week. Promise!
4. Work on my Etsy shop. D. What can I say? I did edit one listing. This morning I took pics for new listings. We're focusing on this stuff in Kelly Rae's course this week, so that should renew my enthusiasm.
5. Work on my blog layout. A minus. I did it! I converted to a 3-column layout. I've been dreaming about this for a while...and one night I bit the bullet. I'm still doing some tweaking...this week I hope to design a new header.
So what does that give me for an overall grade? I'm going with a B. Definitely room for improvement, but I'm focused on these short-term goals (along with a few long-term ones).
I'm keeping these goals on this week's To Do list. What's on your list?