Saturday, November 27, 2010

Naptime




Hello. How was your Thanksgiving?  

Mine was spent with my hubby, grown children and my mom! I prepared the Thanksgiving feast...even though we aren't a large group, it was a feast...center of it all was a 20-lb turkey! I've been preparing this holiday meal for years and although it's a lot of work, I enjoy it. I can now say I have mastered turkey, gravy, and the family dressing (or do you say stuffing?)  I think every family's recipe is a bit different and that's what makes it unique to each family. I always looked forward to my mom's version...and now, my daughter looks forward to mine. Perhaps someday she will perfect the recipe (although my son is more of the cook!) I have to admit, I'm still working on perfecting the Thanksgiving pie. I'm so much better at cake!

Friday started with an early morning wake-up call...not for Black Friday shopping, but to get my kids to work at a ridiculous hour for their retail jobs. I detest shopping on Black Friday! I'm not fond of the crowds or general craziness. And I think it bothers me more each year as stores buy into the frenzy and open earlier and earlier...thus, forcing so many folks, like my kids,  to work crazy hours just so people can buy something at 4 a.m. that will still be there at 9 a.m. Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox! I just want a little more relaxed family time over the holiday!!! 

I also woke up on Friday with a bit of a sore throat...still nursing that along. I feel so... tired. But it felt good to find my way back to the studio today and spend some time working on a few paintings. It's quite cold outside (in the teens), but my studio is filled with sunshine that heats up the place! 


So, not much shopping being done here this weekend. I'm just laying low, trying to get healthy. Hopefully there will be time for a few naps and a bit more painting. In fact, I think it's time for a nap right now!

3 comments:

Artsnark said...

glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Hope you feel better soon

GlorV1 said...

Hope you get over your sore throat quick. There is so much of that going on. We just got over it. Congrats on mastering the turkey scene, tee hee. Lots of work, but fun. Have a great week.

pinkglitterfae said...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, it's something I always look forward to.
Thank goodness I got out of retail, I can't believe the hours they open for black Friday. Your poor kids!

Hope you can get rid of your sore throat, I had one last week and it turned into a mild cold.
stay warm
xoxo