A few days ago, Nicole of Paper Creations tagged me in her blog. The challenge: to list ten of my favorite things. I thought the timing was great on two levels: 1) It's a perfect way to introduce myself to some of my newer readers; and 2) It's a perfect time to remind myself what makes me happy! I'm struggling with the winter blues, but these things make me happy any time of the year! Here's my list (in no particular order):
1) Painting in my studio! The studio where I paint is located just a few blocks away at the Jax Building. It's an old building filled with studios for artists. I share the space with my hubby and I've been painting there for 3 years. The windows are old, but let in lots of light for painting (plus it faces the direction of the river). We were able to paint the studio when we moved in--and I picked deep pinks and blue/purple. It works and warms up the space--no matter what the weather is like outside!
2) Baseball. Especially Twins baseball. I love the game. When I walk into the stadium, a feeling of bliss comes over me. I don't necessarily stay in that state of bliss the whole game--I am a LOUD, enthusiastic fan! I share my love for baseball with my hubby...in fact, you could say we met because of baseball! We even got an engaged at a Twins game! You can read that story here!
3) Chocolate. Preferably Dark chocolate!
4) Baking. I love to bake (and often something with chocolate). Baking makes me happy...and I like making others happy by sharing my treats. It's not always good for the diet though!
5) Starbucks Coffee. If I make it at home, I enjoy the Caffe Verona brew--because it has chocolate undertones. When I stop at Starbucks, my favorite drink is a Skinny Vanilla Latte. Or in hotter weather, a mocha lite frappachino.
6) Our home at the Tilsner. The Tilsner is an artist cooperative located in lowertown St. Paul. We moved last spring. I love our brick wall, pine floors, and view of the river. It is a lovely place! (Click on the Tilsner link under the "Labels" sidebar for more pics!)
7) The Minnesota State Fair or "The Great Minnesota Get-Together). 10 days of fun that begins in late August and ends on Labor Day. We usually make 4-5 visits. Here is hubby and I getting our picture taken. There are lots of great photo opportunities!
8) The sun and warm weather. I've lived in Minnesota all my life, but I've started dreaming of living somewhere warmer someday. I would love to be in the southwest...somewhere like Sedona, Arizona. Love red rock country!
9) Criminal Minds--the television series. I became an addict over the holidays. Now I want to watch it every day!
10) Staying at my favorite bed & breakfast with my honey. Our favorite place is the Moondance Inn in Red Wing, MN. It's wonderful. Relaxing. Whirlpool in every room. Comforting. Great escape.
There you have it. What are ten of your favorite things?